How to keep the kids entertained on the dreadful snowy days

Fun things to do on cold snowy days

Winter has seemed never ending this year.  What's a mom to do?! Here are a few fun activities  sure to keep the little ones entertained. 

Play doh is always a hit in my house.  My girls can play with play doh for literally hours, including the littlest of the duo.

Provide markers, glue stick, oversize papers, stickers, cotton balls, paints, crayons, color pencils and then let their little imagination go wild. We enjoy listening to our favorite songs while our artistic side blooms. 




Bubbles from target dollar section is a great idea to blow some steam out.  Bundle up those babes and get outside for about 5-10 minutes weather permitting. 



My little engines that could also love to bake.  We always have on hand cake mix, brownie mix, and flour for baking bread. Let the little ones mix the batter and sit and watch the mixture rise!






If all else fails move the clock up and send them to bed!!! 





Comments

  1. Those heart shaped crafts are so adorable! It's great that you and your kids do a lot of things together at home. :) -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are so cute and awesome! Fantastic tips on strategies and what parents can do during those winter days. I'm taking notes when I have kids haha! Especially love the idea of kids helping with the baking, are those pumpkin pie and red velvet cake? I LOVE BOTH OF THOSE!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. These seem like some great ways to keep the little ones entertained! Thanks for sharing! And is that a sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie? Either way it looks delicious!
    -Rhoderick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these ideas! I could very share these with some of my students' parents. I could even do some myself! haha. The red velvet is calling my name! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment